Composition, form of production and packaging
? Ointment for external use 5% light yellow color, homogeneous, with a characteristic smell of lanolin.
dexpanthenol 50 mg
Excipients: Vaseline, white petrolatum, cholesterol, vaseline oil, isopropyl myristate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipagin), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipazole), purified water.
30 g - aluminum tubes (1) - cardboard packs.
INSTRUCTION FOR THE SPECIALIST.
Description of the drug approved by the manufacturer for the printed edition of 2011.
Dexpanthenol is a derivative of pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid - water-soluble vitamin B - is an integral part of coenzyme A. Stimulates skin regeneration, normalizes cellular metabolism, increases the strength of collagen fibers. The increase in the demand for pantothenic acid is observed when the skin or tissues are damaged, and its deficiency can be compensated by topical application of dexpanthenol. Optimum molecular weight, hydrophilicity and low polarity make it possible to penetrate all layers of the skin. It has a regenerating, weak anti-inflammatory effect.
When topical application is rapidly absorbed and converted to pantothenic acid, binds to plasma proteins (mainly with beta-globulin and albumin).
- skin integrity disorders caused by mechanical, chemical, temperature factors or after surgical interventions (burns of various origins (including solar ones), scratches, abrasions, wounds, decubitus, poorly healing skin grafts, aseptic postoperative wounds);
- inflammatory processes on the skin; dermatitis; furuncles; trophic ulcers of the lower extremities; care for the skin around the tracheostist, gastrostom and colostrum;
- treatment and prevention of the effects of adverse effects on the skin of environmental factors (cold, wind, dampness);
- in children - diaper dermatitis, scratches and minor irritation after exposure to the sun, ultraviolet and X-rays; treatment and prevention of diaper rash;
- cracks and inflammation of the nipples of the breast in nursing mothers;
- for the treatment and protection of dry skin as a source of neutral fats and dexpanthenol.
Ointment is applied 2-4 times / day (if necessary more often). Apply a thin layer on the affected area of вЂ‹вЂ‹the skin, lightly rubbing. In case of application on the infected skin surface, it should be pretreated with any antiseptic.
Breastfeeding mothers lubricate the surface of the nipple with ointment after each breast-feeding.
Breast children are given ointment after each change of underwear or water treatment.
Side effects are extremely rare. Minor allergic reactions are possible.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Caution according to indications:
- cracks and inflammation of the nipples of the breast in nursing mothers.
APPLICATION FOR CHILDREN
According to the testimony:
- foam dermatitis, scratches and minor irritation after exposure to the sun, ultraviolet and X-rays; treatment and prevention of diaper rash.
Treatment of trophic ulcers and poorly healing skin grafts should be performed under the supervision of the attending physician.
Do not apply to dying wounds.
TERMS OF RELEASE FROM PHARMACY
The drug is approved for use as a means of OTC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STORAGE
In a dry place, protected from light, out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 В° C. Shelf life - 2 years.